Sunday, July 10, 2011

When non-Disney fans try to write articles...

I've got to thank Webmaster Alex from the DIS for this one, because the link he shared on the boards provided some amusement for me this morning.  Apparently, someone on concierge.com wrote an article about the World's Best Bar Crawls.  And the last one listed?

Epcot Center.  I don't think anyone called it Epcot Center in about 15 years. Here's the link to the Bar Crawls article, read it for yourselves.

The author tells us we can hit all seven countries in just a few hours.  Apparently, he hasn't seen Norway, China, Morocco, or Canada.  Because we all know Canada is a dry country!   He hasn't told one of the girls in the accompanying photo, because she's wearing a Viking hat.

I'm wondering when the author's last visit to the World was.  I tend to think he would have counted La Cava del Tequila is one of the best places to get drinks.  I know I do.  And he probably would have noticed those Grand Marnier and Grey Goose lemon slushies in France.  Those have been around a couple years.   If he had suggested the readers  buy a souvenir 1/2 yard of beer from Rose and Crown Pub, that would have been a dead giveaway.  I'd like to say that's been gone for at least 3-4 years?  I'm not certain on that one.

I did notice that the article isn't dated, so there is no way of knowing when it was written or posted.  If he did write this a few years ago, he might be forgiven some of the details.  But I won't let him forget 4 out of 11 countries in World Showcase.   That's just sloppy.

At least AJ at the Disney Food Blog does a great job of trying to keep her info up-to-date.  

4 comments:

  1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26725932/ns/travel-destination_travel/t/worlds-best-bar-crawls/

    The same article ran on MSNBC's site in October of 2008, so it's at least that old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for that! That answers one question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say I am your newest follower and found you through the Disboards. I am mommy2allgirls there! I added your blog to my Disney blog list! I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably should check my blog a little more frequently. Thanks for the follow. :)

    ReplyDelete